At Eat Sleep Cycle we crave the bike, the outdoors and the feeling of being shattered from exertion. That’s why we never stop thinking of ways of combining all three to produce adventures.
Our latest one – planned for October 27th/28th involves an overnight stay at a ‘refugi’ high up in the Catalan hills.
The exact location is a surprise. We will say it is at 1,099 metres and it’s in a truly stunning part of the world; remote, isolated, beautiful, rural, sparsely-populated and WiFi-less unless you stand in one particular spot in the kitchen.
The activities at the refuge are playing with the dog, collecting firewood, playing chess, looking at the night sky, having a beer and dare we say it, talking to others. Yes folks, it’s in the middle of nowhere where the only sounds will be our own friendly chatter.
On a recent trip to the WiFi-less wilderness of north-east America it struck me how rare and wonderful it was to be totally unplugged from social media. I was in a world where I could not refresh my twitter timeline or check Facebook for updates (no matter how hard I tried!) It was a wooden hut on the Presidential Traverse in Vermont and all I had for entertainment was watching myself trying to make a meal out of dark chocolate, dried pasta, coffee and whiskey. Strangely enough, I slept wonderful that night, didn’t starve, got to know my fellow hikers very well and the best bit? My twitter timeline was as boring as when I left it.
Moral of the story? Eat Sleep Cycle is disappearing for 24 hours at the end of the month and we want you to come with us.
If you’re interested you’ll need to be able to ride 115 km and climb 2,200 m on consecutive days.
Here’s the deal…
Thursday October 27th
- Meet at 11.30am at La Fabrica on Thursday October 27th
- Each member hands Brian a night bag (more on this below)
- We have a short briefing where Lee and Lou (guides) will talk tactics
- We set off for ******* at 12noon sharp, arriving some time later
- We check-in and have a delicious home-cooked dinner at 8pm
- We have the evening to relax and disconnect
Friday October 28th
- Breakfast at 8am
- Depart 10am
- Arrive back Girona by 2pm, stopping in **** for the best croissant in Catalunya
- Evening meet-up at a place TBC to enjoy the Correfoc/Sant Narcis festival in Girona
What you need in your night bag
- Spare set of kit for use on day two
- Wash bag with toiletries (shower gel, toothpaste, toilet paper)
- Warm casual evening clothes (including footwear)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Evening meal and breakfast at the refuge
- Accommodation (1 night in a single bed)
- Support car to carry night bags and provide spare wheels/nutrition.
- Two Eat Sleep Cycle guides on the road
- All bedding
- €50 pp
- Places are limited to 12.
Interested? Pop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, find us on Facebook, drop us a twitter message @eat_sleep_cycle or call Brian (+34 602371431)