Terms and Conditions
When you book a tour, bike rental or service you are agreeing to our terms & conditions below. Please take the time to read them & let us know if you have any questions.
DEPOSIT & PAYMENTS
To book an Eat Sleep Cycle scheduled tour tour a €500 deposit is required at the time of booking, or 50% of the balance if the tour departs in 6 months (or less) time. The remaining balance is due 2 months before the trip.
See our Tour Cancellation Policies for details of refunds available.
Custom & Private Tours
To book an Eat Sleep Cycle custom or private tour a 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due 2 months before the trip.
See our Tour Cancellation Policies for details of refunds available.
Bike Hire & Girona Services
To reserve a bike a 100% payment is required at the time of booking.
See our Bike Hire Cancellation Policy for details of refunds available.
Travel Insurance is not included in any Eat Sleep Cycle services.
Travel Insurance is the sole responsibility of the client and must be purchased in advance of your holiday through your own provider.
BIKE HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The bike is to be collected and returned by the guest at the EAT SLEEP CYCLE HUB (at Plaça de Catalunya, 15, 17004 Girona, Spain or Calle Carretería, 100, 29008, Málaga, Spain). Unless otherwise arranged with EAT SLEEP CYCLE and confirmed in your booking. In the case of a tour, the rental bike will be delivered to you as described in your Trip Notes.
- The duration of this rental is detailed in your booking.
- The term ‘equipment’ in this contract refers to the subject matter and accessories rented on this contract.
- The equipment is to be collected and returned at the EAT SLEEP CYCLE HUB in Girona located in Plaça de Catalunya, 15, 17004 Girona, Spain or Calle Carretería, 100, 29008, Málaga, Spain, unless agreed otherwise and specified in your booking. The return of the equipment must be done on or before the “Rental End date and time” detailed in your booking. In the case of a tour, the rental bike will be delivered & collected as described in your Trip Notes.
- Failure of the guest to return the equipment on time will cause a fine of 10.00 € per hour/ 80.00 € per day. If the equipment is not returned, EAT SLEEP CYCLE will be able to take possession of said equipment wherever it is found, without the guest having any rights to claim for it.
- The guest declares to have checked the conditions of the equipment and finds it all to be in perfect condition.
- The equipment rented is to be returned by the guest to EAT SLEEP CYCLE in the same state it was given to the guest. The cost of reparations or reposition of the equipment will be charged to the guest.
- The guest must inform EAT SLEEP CYCLE of any damages of the equipment as well as its malfunction.
- The guest is obligated to take good care of the equipment and take all necessary precautions to protect the bike and accessories from damage, loss or theft. Should any of the before mentioned situations take place during the rental period, the guest assumes immediately all the reparation or reposition costs incurred at the price or market price according to EAT SLEEP CYCLE.
- At the end of the rental period, EAT SLEEP CYCLE will determine the conditions of the rented equipment and if necessary assess the losses or damages caused (excluding reasonable wear and tear of the equipment).
- The guest is obliged to safely secure the bike indoors at all times when it is not in use. The guest should not lock the bike outdoors in a public place and should instead remain with the bike at all times.
- The guest declares: to be in perfect health conditions, be able to ride a bike, to have the necessary control of the equipment rented and declares to have the necessary travel & health insurance to undertake cycling activities in Europe.
- The guest who rents more than 1 bike, declares that all the riders of the bikes he/she rents: are in perfect health condition, are able to ride a bike, have the necessary control of the equipment rented and have the necessary travel & health insurance to undertake cycling activities in Europe.
- In case of loss or theft or damage of the equipment the guest must immediately communicate this circumstance to EAT SLEEP CYCLE. In addition, the guest will have to compensate EAT SLEEP CYCLE for the reparation or reposition costs incurred at the cost price according to EAT SLEEP CYCLE.
- The rental does not include insurance for own damages so the guest is responsible for all the damages of material or of a personal nature that he/she could suffer.
- The rental is made with the corresponding Civil Responsibility coverage insurance that covers all damages originated by the rental to third parties, people or properties. It is the responsibility of the guest and his/her companions to respect the local traffic rules and to circulate with care and respect to pedestrians and other road users.
- The guest and his/her companions declare to have read and understood the terms and conditions at eatsleepcycle.com/terms-conditions
- The data provided by the guest will be used exclusively for the correct provision of the contracted service, the guest being able to request, in accordance with the law, its access, rectification, cancellation or opposition through communication by any means to EAT SLEEP CYCLE. This contract is governed by Spanish law.
TOUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
The parties agree to this combined travel contract, which is subject to the following PARTICULAR CONDITIONS.
- TOUR NAME. As established in the Trip Notes, sent to the guest.
- DATE OF TOUR. As established in the Trip Notes, sent to the guest.
- PRICE. As established in the Trip Notes.
- PLACE OF DEPARTURE AND RETURN. As established in the Trip Notes.
- PLACE, METHOD AND CALENDAR OF PAYMENT. As established in the Trip Notes
- SCHEDULE. As established in the Trip Notes.
- ITINERARY AND PREVIOUS SERVICES. As established in the Trip Notes and supplemented with the documentation that will be delivered to the guest before departure in the Tour Itinerary.
- ACCOMMODATIONS AND MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED, CATEGORY, CHARACTERISTICS AND SITUATION. As established in the Trip Notes. The guest expressly acknowledges being informed of this, giving his/her agreement to the categories, characteristics and situation of the hotels and means of transport that will be used in the contracted trip. Hotels may vary depending on their occupancy.
- MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE. The completion of this trip requires the minimum number of people that the Trip Notes expressly indicates (if a minimum is not required, this clause is not applicable). The Agency may cancel the trip if a minimum number of people is required and this minimum is not reached. See Trip Notes for the specific conditions of your tour.
- EXECUTION OF THE TOUR. The Agency is responsible for the correct execution of all travel services included in the contract (in accordance with article 161 of Bill no. RD 1/2007). The Agency shall provide adequate assistance without undue delay to the traveller in need of assistance. The Agency may invoice a reasonable surcharge for such assistance if the need of assistance has been caused intentionally or due to the negligence of the guest. Said surcharge will in no case exceed the actual costs incurred by the Agency. The guest must inform the Agency without undue delay of any lack of compliance observed during the execution of a travel service included in the contract.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN GUESTS. Visas, passports, fees and other necessary documentation may be required, as established in the Trip Notes.
- Assistance Insurance. The contracted trip includes the option to obtain travel assistance
- Cancellation Insurance. The consumer declares that he/she has been informed by the Agency of the possibility of contracting an insurance, paid by the guest, which covers the costs of cancellation and to have assistance covering the cost of repatriation or transfer to the place of origin, in case of accident, illness or death as well as other eventualities.
- Insurance in case of insolvency. The purpose of the insurance is to respond to the fulfillment of the obligations arising from the provision of services to the contractors of a combined trip and, especially, to the reimbursement of the funds deposited in the event of insolvency or bankruptcy of the Agency. In accordance with European, Spanish and Catalan legislation, EAT SLEEP CYCLE has contracted insurance with the following company:
Company Name: Seguros Catalana Occidente, S.A.
Address: Paseo de la Castellana 4, 28046, Madrid
Telephone: 902 344 000
Broker: Molas i Toroella S.L.
Telephone: +34 972 416 969
- CANCELLATION COSTS. Those indicated in the General Conditions will apply as established in the Trip Notes, the applicable conditions are also detailed on the web page: (eatsleepcycle.com/terms-conditions/ within the section SCHEDULED TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY or CUSTOM TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY), unless the parties have agreed otherwise.
- MODIFICATION OR VARIATION OF THE PROGRAM. Given the characteristics of the tour covered by this contract, the itinerary may at times need to be altered or changed in the place of destination due to unpredictable weather conditions, state of roads or access to roads or other causes and situations that make it advisable to alter the contracted travel program, either to safeguard the guests’ safety, or because of the impossibility of strictly complying with the program.
- In the case that the guest(s) request a change to the itinerary or dates of a private or custom departure after the deposit has been paid a minimum 15% administration fee will be charged per guest if Eat Sleep Cycle deem that the changes are possible.
Both the Agency and the guest in this contract recognize, understand and accept the special and unforeseen characteristics of the trip that is the subject of this contract.
- CLAIMS. In case of any breach in the execution of the services, the guest is obliged to notify the Agency, in a reliable manner and as soon as possible, preferably “in situ” or in any case in the five days following the end of the trip. The limitation period for the actions will be established in Bill no. RD 1/2007 of November 16.
- RESPONSIBILITY. According to general conditions and applicable legislation. The guest declares: to be in perfect health condition, be able to ride a bike, to have the necessary control of the equipment and declares to have the necessary travel & health insurance to undertake cycling activities in Europe. The guest is responsible for all the damages of material or personal nature that he/she could suffer. It is the responsibility of the guest and his/her companions to respect the local traffic rules and to circulate with care and respect to pedestrians and other users.
- SPECIAL REQUESTS. Special requests that the guest has requested and that the agency accepts will be detailed in the Trip Notes.
- DATA PROTECTION. In compliance with the Bill no. 15/1999 of December 13, Protection of Personal Data, the Agency declares that the personal data provided by customers will be integrated into the management files to streamline their administrative management and accounting, and the management of tourism services of this contract. Likewise, we inform the guest that his/her data will be communicated to the providers of the contracted services to proceed with the booking of the tickets, the accommodation and means of transport, the travel insurance processing, etc. Regarding the collection and treatment of images, as established in the General Conditions published on the web (eatsleepcycle.com/terms-conditions/)
- JURISDICTION. The contracting parties expressly submit themselves to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Girona to resolve any discrepancies or claims that may arise from the interpretation or execution of the tour contract and these general conditions, and renounce their own forum if different.
- TRANSFER OF THE RESERVATION. The principal guest may freely assign the reservation of the tour to a person who meets the conditions required for it. The transfer must be communicated in writing to the Agency at least 15 days before the start of the trip.
- RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRINCIPAL GUEST. Where the principal guest signs on behalf of the others on the tour, they state that he/she and the other guest of their reservation have read and understood the contract and the prospectus.
WIN A CYCLING TOUR – NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Automatic entry into the competition is granted once you subscribe to the Eat Sleep Cycle newsletter through the Eat Sleep Cycle website pop-up.
- If you sign-up to the Eat Sleep Cycle newsletter through any other medium (physically in our cycling hubs, through any other sign-up forms or other) you will not be entered into the competition.
- You must be subscribed to the newsletter at the time of the competition draw. If you unsubscribe before the competition draw your entry is invalid.
- The prize is for one person to join the Málaga Classic Climbs tour, worth €2,999.
- If you are traveling alone the single supplement of value €499 is also included.
- No discount is provided for anybody that joins you (the €499 single supplement is waived).
- For information on inclusions (accommodation,food, etc) visit the tour page here: https://www.eatsleepcycle.com/tour/classic-climbs-of-malaga/
- You can join any of the Málaga Classic Climbs scheduled tour dates in 2025. You must join a scheduled tour, this is not a private trip.
- Flights, bike hire and travel insurance are not included.
- The draw will be made in December 2024.
10% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 10% discount is granted for 2024 scheduled tour bookings made between 9th August 2023 and 15th September 2023, up to a maximum value of €500.
- The 10% discount applies to the base package and excludes any extras (for example single supplements, bike hire, extra nigths of accommodation, private transfers)
- Tour bookings can be made online (through the website) or offline through a sales agent.
- Applies to tours that start between the 1st January 2024 and 31st December 2024.
- The Girona Winter Ride Camp & the Málaga Winter Ride camp are excluded from this offer.
- Bike Hire, online shop and all other products or services are excluded from this offer.
- Custom, private and self-guided tours are excluded from this offer.
- Previously booked scheduled tour places are excluded from this offer.
€500 GOODIE BAG GIVEAWAY – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition entered by signing up to the Eat Sleep Cycle newsletter via the €500 goodie bag giveway competition.
- You must sign-up in your preferred language: English, Spanish or Catalan and be subscribed at the time of the draw.
- Competition aimed at new sign-ups to the Eat Sleep Cycle newsletter, however existing newsletter subscribers can enter.
- The winner can choose (product, size, colour variants) based on stock available at the time of the competition, up to €500 of total retail value of Eat Sleep Cycle own branded products.
- The winner can not choose any other products from brands other than Eat Sleep Cycle or services (bike hire, tours, etc).
- The products will be delivered to the winners house free of charge.
- The draw will take place annually in December and the winner will be announced in our newsletter.
BLACK FRIDAY 2024 BICICLETAS SIN FRONTERAS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- For every tour place sold from 1st – 30th November 2023 Eat Sleep Cycle will pay for one bicycle donation to Bicicletas Sin Fronteras, to the value of €240.
- The donation will be made on completion of the Eat Sleep Cycle tour, since the tour place could be cancelled.
- This offer can not be used in conjunction with any other offer(s).
BLACK FRIDAY 2024 FREE BIKE RENTAL – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- For every scheduled tour place sold from 9th – 30th November 2023, with tour departure 9th November 2023 to 29th February 2024 Eat Sleep Cycle will reward up to €240 of bike rental.
- This offer can not be used in conjunction with any other offer(s). Specifically, either a bicycle donated to Africa or free bike rental.
- This offer is not applicable to private custom tours.